Testing

Sunday, January 22, 2023

The Music Teacher


One night I was out with my own thoughts.

I walked past posh clubs to reach where I got to be

A local bar where I was comfortable holding a beer alone

I was swaying to music and the honesty the place held


Someone later came and sat next to me

She was swaying to music like she really gets it.

I was intrigued and I was eager to talk more

I made an excuse and that was the spark that lit the fire for the night.


We spoke for hours and we spoke passionately

We spoke as if we knew each other for years

We spoke as friends who were long lost.

We spoke our heart out as if only us can understand us.


We talked about our unpleasant upbringing

And how the trauma it inflicted upon us, harmed us.

How our fathers were not kind to us

How we had to scrape the years of abuse to be where we are.


We talked about power of therapy

We talked about our privileges 

We talked about inhuman medical insurance that held people hostage

We talked about how your math wizard brain can take you only so far.


We laughed on simplicity of life and how we fuck it.

She shared her fears and I shared mine

She listened more... I talked more,,,

The night came to and end.. We hugged and parted ways.


No comments: