Monday, December 13, 2010
It is true among common people whereas few uncommon people may treat success and failure alike. Hence you know what to do when you want to please a common person.
Thursday, December 2, 2010
Wednesday, December 1, 2010
- You don't need to mug up 3000 Barrons Word. I find it disgusting and useless. The list of words in Princeton-Review and Kaplan books are good enough.
- Read minimum five articles one each from Business, Philosophy, History, Art and Literature domain per week. The more you read, the more ideas you get for your writing and it helps in your vocabulary too.
- Practice Practice Practice. It was, It is and It will be true for ever. You may disagree but wait till your bitter experience tells you the same.
- Practice from ETS Powerprep, ETS GRE Book and Kaplan. There's very high chances that you will get 10% plus minus in your final score compared to what you get in your practice PowerPrep. If you get bad score in practice, it won't harm to change your strategy even two day before exam but you have to be honest about where you going wrong. Just BLUNT HONEST.
- First Few questions matter and not last few.
- You will fail in your first practice test but don't loose heart. Give your second four days before Final, then you know what you need to change in coming four days if you need different result.
- Time yourself. Partition time based on sections and questions. Like, you will spend 15 mins for first 10 questions but 7 mins for last ten questions etc and get it right. I made a mistake and wasn't able to answer last question in maths and I think leaving it blank harms you more than wrong answer in last few questions.
I am thankful to many of my friends and online blogs who have shared their experiences and it helped me do better. My small payback to the helping community.
Sunday, November 28, 2010
I was looking forward to get back to my "task" and once again work towards its success after initial setback. Last night I worked upon it with enthusiasm and music filled in the air. Having done some considerable progress last night, I am determined to reach a decent milestones today as today is the only day left. I have to have a better plan, a plan which is more resilient and accurate.
Pray for me. It is a big deal this time.
Have a Nice Day,
The game is still on. More about it later.
Saturday, November 27, 2010
A quote from Swami Chinmayananda is keeping me on.
"Faith is what you don't see and the result of which is you see what you believed".
I will come back with how it fared in my case.
Saturday, October 16, 2010
The owner claims to have forgotten to pay the fire protection tax amidst multiple tax payments for current year but I am sure that this issue can be argued well from either side which is clearly demonstrated in the comments section of the article. I wont go to those details and you can have your read of the article here . My attempt here is to express my stand on it.
I hold an opinion that the fire personals should have put-off the fire and charged the Owner 10 times the fee of $75. Any reason to let the house burn and the poor puppies die does not hold good on moral ground. Though what already happened will send a stronger message for those who sponge on others but then if corporal is the way, why teach humility?. There needs to be changes in the law to imbibe such basic facilities as part of one tax and not hundred different taxes where the chances of forgetting is higher than in former.
The ability to forget, sponge on others, go cheap are all human tendencies and majority will fall under this category whose moral ethics comes in second rank to personal/family needs. In solving such cases, political and bureaucratic champions are bound to emerge but rarity is the norm. The willingness for the capitalist to go beyond prescribed duties and act on human grounds will be difficult to digest. In lot of sense capitalism work because it pays for how much you work thereby respecting meritocracy. One problem with Capitalist is people loose focus from quality of life to abundance and there is as a mad rush all the time (God Knows for what.)
Hinduism preaches that it is OK to desire and work for it but craving for more leads to anger and downfall of human life. I support this view and the recent economic meltdown made it more concrete. Buddha has prescribed life of middle path, i.e. anything in moderation. Well I am still grappling with his teaching to imbibe in myself but in few attempts till now, it has worked well. Once I asked my friend Tom L. who is in late Fifties and has definitely seen more world than me, "What is important in Life?. Is it Money or Working for your Passion?" . He responded, "Amit, we need to have a balance.". That answers all.
What's your take on BALANCE? :) Do let us know.
Thank you and Have a Nice day.
Sunday, October 10, 2010
The facilities for para team in India is still lacking support from government which is matter of concern for athletes. More story at BBC Sports Link
Very motivating is all I got to say. This is a fine example of perseverance.
Tuesday, October 5, 2010
Wednesday, September 29, 2010
After going through my general body check-up I was told that the medical parameters of my body are fit but the high body weight mars the good. I weigh 80 Kg (176 lbs) while the right scale should be 63 Kg (138 lbs) wrt to my height. Like most, I never liked my extra weight but with few attempts when I didn't see the scale budging on lower side, I lost the motivation. Few days back I attended Nutrition Seminar in my office which made me realize the forbidden path I am walking (the pic of man above) due to lack of physical activity and as a fear of that I started jogging in the campus of Agriculture College near my House. I loved the campus. Big, calm and clean.
With two occasions advising me the same formula, one at seminar and the other at doctor's clinic and with days of contemplation I have learnt few things which I would like to share with my readers and also use it as an easy reference for myself. Disagreements are welcome.
1. Health is not like permanent. It goes under constant modifications. If we eat daily, we need to exercise daily too. The natural behavior of the body is to do physical activity which our ancestors where duly involved in but we are lacking considering our desk-jobs and laziness. To bridge the gap, morning jog, running. gym etc have been devised but they need perseverance (as we don't die if we don't exercise for few days unlike food) and motivation to continue for long.
2. Second most important myth that got busted is, You still have to exercise even if you are fit as the chances of stepping into the unfit zone is high and most time we might not even come to know it. Also, if we are fit and we do exercise, it doesn't mean that we going to get thinner and weak but the food we intake will decide our body physqiue.
3. If I am fit, my morality will be high and I will be confident to take up higher responsibilities aim for higher achievement in life. Yesterday I saw the interview of a lady who started Montessori after she started doing Yoga regularly and gained confidence.
4. It is easy to scoff the importance of physical exercise for 20's which will only get materialize at 40's when we will not have enough strength to regain it back completely.
5. My doctor used a wonderful word in his sentence when I told him that I go for weekend cycle ride. He said, "Being a Weekend Warrior will not help. You have to be doing exercise at least 5 days a week". This points our another reality that maintaining good health is like rolling stone up-hill. You roll the stone half-way and then leave it, it is going to come back to foothill and the same applies to body. A month of exercise can only help me pass few levels but if I leave it unattended its gonna come back to Level 0. And with progressing age it will be more and more difficult to roll the stone uphill in future. The earlier the better. Another interesting thing is, after reaching top we cannot get complacent as the top end is pointed and to balance the stone on it needs continuous watch and the same applies to our body.
I dream to participate in Marathon & Triathlon and be in Top 10% list and it is not possible with my belly stomach and low stamina. First and foremost effort is in being Fit and Healthy.
I wish Healthy and Fit life to you and your family too.
Saturday, September 4, 2010
So I started at 8:10 am empty stomach but soon realized that I am gasping for air as my wind-pipe is all frozen and I need to have something hot. I stopped en-route and had tea in a roadside tea-stall and resumed my ride. This time I was using sports-tracker app on my Nokia S60 cell to measure my efficiency. I took 1 hr to reach my destination. After reaching there I decided to execute my plan of having capachino and to my surprise I paid 94 bucks which led me thinking. Half way to drinking my coffee I realized that too much of it is only going to dehydrate me and hence left the rest and asked for "normal-water" to CCD guy. He said "We serve only bottled water" which again left me cursing them in mind. I went to adjacent shop Just-Booster and asked for water. Very reluctantly I got a small cup of water which I thanked him and drank it earnestly. I started my ride back home but within meters I felt that I need more water and inquired the parking-lot guy about normal drinking water. You may find me miser by not shelling out money for a bottled water but I don't want to encourage myself with that as I feel normal water is good enough.
He asked me to go to the canteen and gave me directions. Initially I thought he is sending me back to CCD but as the target came closer, I had a eureka moment. I saw one clean and hygienic restaurant of shanti-sagar type. I was too happy to see something like this in an International Airport but was quizzed with why is this place in a secluded location and reasoned that the government doesn't want the international travelers to know about how less-costly are basic food here in India. Anyways, forget all these rant of mine. I had my water and also garma-garam Idli. It was amazingly good. I then started off back to home ride and with all pride I have to say that I took 15 minutes lesser than what I took earlier. Coming back home I had hot water bath and had payasam and some sleep :).
For few, who are eager to know where the place is, it is just behind the "Pay & Use Toilet" at BIAL. Dont worry, it may sound dirty but take my word, it is very clean and Hygenic. Ask for Parking-Cafe at BIAL to some ground staff and you should get it easily. As said, why pay 94 when I can have better at 6 :)
Tuesday, August 31, 2010
After keeping a hold on this article on my desktop for nearly a week, I decided to take it up and not let the length of the article deter me anymore.
The writer summarize the story of movie EAT PRAY LOVE and how a single divorced woman Gilbert, seeks spirituality to help her life come over the depression. The movie is described as a light hearten with emphasis on complex emotions but with cliche romantic story. I look forward to watch as I love Julia Robert :). The link of the complete NewYorker article is mentioned below. You may find it interesting.
Friday, August 13, 2010
Wish me Luck and Happy Reading.
Saturday, August 7, 2010
Here to save the Good against Bad
Dont Go, Dont Trick. Swipe Your Card
Lest you forget it, Walk back because
We are RO-Ro RoBUSTERS
Here to save the Good against Bad
Know how much you gonna eat, Know how much you wont
Lest you throw it, think again because
We are RO-Ro RoBUSTERS
Here to save the Good against Bad
Be merry, be friendly. Have Fun together
Lest you cross the limit, you not gonna be spared because
We are RO-Ro RoBUSTERS
Here to save the Good against Bad
When Fire Alarm alerts, Walk swiftly to safe zone
Lest you still sit and code, We will kick your butt because
We are RO-Ro RoBUSTERS
Here to save the Good against Bad
:) I think, by this time my dear readers will be searching for dustbin to vomit :D. I am sorry :P.
Friday, July 30, 2010
Amit I know. Even I am asking the same question to myself
Mr X. where did the Amit I know go ...
Amit I am loosing myself day by day.
Amit asking what am i upto.
Amit the situation is not great.
Mr X. time to make some friends
Mr X. and bring some color into the life
Amit this time Mr. X, the spirit in my life can be back only if I know I am doing something i am liking. outside changes are shortlived.
Mr X. what is that you like
Amit working with interesting people and driving
Amit something on my worn
Mr X. then you should pursue higher studies ... or teaching ...
Amit i tried a lot but coudlnt make to any good place.
Amit Thank you Mr. X for your caring advices. I have fewquestions to answer in coming few days myself.
Monday, July 19, 2010
The test is divided into two sections each of 90 minute. The first 90 minute is for Aptitude test and the later is for descriptive subject based test.
It was little surprising to me when I saw the question paper compared to what I saw in popular post about aptitude test in web. My test comprises of English Comprehension, R.S. Agarwal level Quantitative aptitude, some logical reasoning but not one from DI. There were mathematics questions from integration and differentiation, probability theory (quite a bit), differential equations, matrices etc,
The level of question does not go beyond undergraduate engineering or R.S. Agarwal types. English comprehension may come tricky so a better preparation may help to sail through.
The syllabus may say the topics which will be covered as part of this section but trust me someone like me can easily undervalue the toughness of the question if he/she has been out of touch with academic for sometime.
The questions are little brainy type and not direct answers or formula based. I could only attempt two out of six . The application of theorems is necessary to be aware of. I am not sure what number of questions will sail me through but I guess 50% will be good enough. In regard to books, I doubt if regular engineering mathematics book can do the justice but I think, something 1 notch up will be decent.
ECE:- (I was earlier given this paper and I peeped through the questions)
It will be difficult for me to express the level of difficulty of this paper but with my first look at it I could understand that an undergraduate course revision will be sufficient to solve most of the questions. The topics covered in this paper can be found at IIIT's website. Questions like effective resistance calculation, digital electronics, transistor behavior were few of the related topics I could see there.
I think this article could be of little disappointment to few who might have come with expectations of knowing few sample questions but I would not wish to get myself into legal battle with IIIT's and hence would abhor from any attempt in that regard. My motive was to share my experience about what level of difficulty one can expect in the exam and what level of preparation one might need.
Wish you good luck,
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Friday, June 25, 2010
24th April 2010 11:18.
To this she said
Me : "Ok. Look man, I hope you take it in right spirits and we stay as friends for long"
Her : "Surely."
Me : "Ok. Thank you. Talk to you soon. Bye".
P.S : Though I was not successful in gaining her love but we still are great friends.
C-5010 Biswaroop Maiti C-5011 G. Vignesh C-5031 Ramanathan Thinniyam Srinivasan C-5049 Pranabendu Misra C-5067 Sandipan Bhattacharyya C-5084 Nikhil Balaji C-5127 Gautham Shenoy R C-5221 Aniket Basu Roy C-5370 Abhishek Bhrushundi C-5430 Nitin Saurabh
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Focus on 1 Thing. : No shifting ideas. Stick to one even if it looks boring and make it successful and then move to next.
Zero Procrastination : Do things in Time.
Disciplined : Do things in order.
Enterprising : Not settling down without solving the issue at hand.
Uncompromising Quality : Strive for best.
Good Listener : Be open to other ideas.
Strong Technical : Know your technology well.
Zeal to Create : Unless I have it I will only slog fruitlessly.
I plan to be a turtle and move slow and steady than be a glamorous hare who lost the sight.
Go Turtle Go...
P.S. An article that flared my mind into this thought is here . I thank the author for writing it down so genuinely and elaborately for the benefits of other half-baked idiots :).
Monday, June 14, 2010
The risk was high but the gain with all its best efforts was not the best. For that particular level of risk I would bet for something more and not settle down for less. When the master said, "Welcome to my den", I orchestrated loop holes to seep through but still he was happy with the droplets he was gaining until I helped him realized I was an ether. Deep inside myself I didn't wished to be caged while my brothers and sisters yearned for long preservation but rather be set free to draw my own map and ways.
At present, I don't feel remorse about my choice but I cannot assure whether I will lament of my non-existence in near future while my siblings will be still praised upon in shape. Hence Tomorrow is going to be today.
Monday, April 26, 2010
Thanks to the Author Shalin Mantri for writing it based on India Specific.
Also, in the comments section of the original article I found another related link and thought some of us would be to read more on this topic.
A College Education Without Job Prospects
Wish you Happy Read and Serious Contemplation,
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Somewhere I was wrong
Monday, April 12, 2010
Day in day out, I meet numerous people
Some stay long, Some stay short
Some I remember, Some I forget
You my dear friend, will be remembered all along
Saturday, April 10, 2010
To prevent making a second mistake of same time, I started jotting down my experience with first in my journal so that it could act as lighthouse in case I happen to be lost in the same situation.Surprisingly, the number of mistakes have out numbered with what I initially expected out of my level of imperfection and it is hard to keep a note of them or categorize them, so lately I stumbled upon the idea of these bullet points which will be short (not in pages) and will act as quick reference in most of my crisis situation. These will be time tested formulas and I will be adhering to them with blind faith as going through the whole process of brainstorming the possibilities is painful if the conclusion drawn ends up being the same with what I learnt from my earlier crisis, which in most of the case is true.
Please note that, these formulas or magic mantras are tested on specimen called Amit Choudhary so its applicability for you or your girlfriend may not hold true. Kindly use discretion while using them. Apart from above reasoning, I also understand that any kind of rigidity is only expected to bring staleness in life so there is still a hope of challenging the presently proposed mantras and adding a new to the list or creating a whole new one in the future if the present goes invalid.
So, here's those guiding angles which created so much of buzz in my head and now in yours
1. Every second of sincere work is worth it.
So dear fellas, what's your take on this.
Saturday, March 6, 2010
Friday, February 5, 2010
Well, I never told you one thing but let me tell you now since I am at safe distance :)
" Your Eyes Are Beautiful".
It was this that kept me staring at you sometimes because I was curious to know what makes it so beautiful. Frankly I am really curious to know the philosophy behind why such eyes looks wonderfull to me at least.
Pls dont mind... I am just frank with my feelings and sharing it away.
Take Care !!
Today was All-hands (A half-yearly formal gathering) of my company at Christ College. Looking at the people who were getting Values Championship Award, Leardership Award, Fun@Work Award , I was constantly telling myself, "Amit, when are you going to receive such award. When are you going to be successful in life. When will you stop being confused and rather concentrate at one goal."
P.S. I got Fun@Work Award on 21stMay 2010. It was like dream come true where I could hear the applause of 1500 colleagues in auditorium when I was on my way to collect my certificate.
I am little tired today. I did cleaning of my room and dusted off 3 bins of waste. Also, my CAT exam is coming near, I would say just a week ago and I am not in my best shape.
From 3rd Nov to 19th Nov., I was in Vellore for my brother's operation. It was a near crisis situation in my family where no one could believe that the youngest member will be the first to come under the Operation table for a major operation. He had infection in his left lung due to his past history of TB and Jaundice. It was really painfull to see my brother breathing oxygen through mask and his pulses getting monitored on medical systems. For me it was real test of Man. On the second day of operation, my dad developed pain in his ankles which made it unbearable to walk and my mother was down with mild fever. To avoid any further damage to their health, I advised them to take complete rest and was the only one holding the pillars.
At one point I was feeling little broke and I even tried calling few of my close friends. One realization I had with my conversation with them was, no matter what family members are the only ones who can understand the despair of near ones while for others its going to be a remote connection and empathy will be missing. I don't complain but say that it is a natural behavior and hence when some friend our outside your immediate family is not able to understand your plight you should take it easy and not get furious about there carelessness.
Also quite many things happened during the time I was in Vellore like:-
1. My parents pestering me for marriage.
2. Me putting of Jyoti's call out of irritation of repeatedly asking me to get married.
3. Irritating some nurses in hospital with my Physics of pressure difference and they talking about gravity.
4. Me bribing/ tipping someone out of non-chalance just to avoid any conflict and in the best interest of my brother.
5. Also I gave 50 bucks to a priest to shut his mouth for expressing his desire about devotees not getting sweets and just flowers. Me and my mother, both were hurt and hence I did it.
6. Me going to Vellore Golden Temple and how from the beginning till the end I could not appreciate anything but was simply cursing the management to make me walk for 3 kms. Even after so much of pain I could feel no calmer as it was full business model and little to do with architecture/ devotion.
7. My moments of stealing glimpse with Nurses in my brother's ward and how I feel gratefull for their service.
8. My anger over Canteen chap for serving me chicken puff instead of ordered veg puff and more than than not accepting it as his mistake. I remember telling him "I dont want it anymore, you keep it" even after trying to explain him in calmer voice. :)
9. My Blood Donation for my brother's operation. The whole thing was very moving. It is still hard for me to beleive he went through all this.
10. One day at hospital, I was little pissed of with what we were undergoing and told my brother that he should better take care of himself and not be cause of pain to the family. He was literally furious to me and we couldnt meet eye with an eye for quite some time.
11. Also, I gave one mock cat in vellore which boosted my confidence level :)
12. Read quite a few chapters from The World is Flat by Thomas Friedman. It was an exhillarating experience. Got to read the rest but it is little heavy and takes toll on your head.
13. Read loads and loads of newspapers and magazines.. Quite a good time.
14. Was a decision maker on equal platform with my dad after I showed my success with handling the situation.
15. My dad was pissed off on operation day, very tensed and we did exchange few unpleasant glances with each other. I was relaxed and calm.
16. Called up Shailesh Jee and thanked him for all his teachings.
well, i will add as and when i recall more. Got to sleep now. Good Night.
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Sunday, January 17, 2010
Wait.. Wait.. It's different.
No Boss, No colleagues and emptiness all around. Music on speaker while the volume still under civic etiquette. Creativity is having its all time high and relax is the mood. No deadlines, no daily reports and I can take my own sweet time to finish things on my chosen work-day.
The experience of working in such a uber cool artificial setup will match apple to apple with what some of the top tech companies like Google & Yahoo have (at least that's what their Youtube Videos suggest). The employee satisfaction will be high all time. The creativity will sprout in every corner/cubes and all these at no extra cost. If so different and positive can be the outcome, I would like to suggest those tweaks.
1. The employee should be allowed to choose his/her own 5 working days and time.
2. There should be no overlap of employee and his/her manager's presence in office. Proximity kills creativity and induces fear. To sort things out reach out to Graham Bell.
3. People having same taste in music/sports/girl/boy should be allowed to sit together to create an amicable environment. Geese of same frequency improves efficiency.
4. Trust your people. They will surprise you.
5 - 100. Points I missed to suggest or better to say BUFFER :)
Speak Up Fellas...
Please Note : This was my attempt to reproduce my lost matter today morning and I realized, reproduction is never easy and could miss out to originals.
Thursday, January 7, 2010
For quite many years I was pretty clear that I want to be on good side of it as I have always felt proud and relieved after speaking out the fact rather than twisting and turning and putting them in self-benefit form. But coming to corporate it is not easy. Instead the one who depicts is the one who get promotion/raise and the one who is a silent worker is left in corner gathering dust.
Buddha said, follow a middle path. Let me tell you, it is not easy. He did not speak about the criterion for the boundary and as a result I am still at fix. Though I lie sometimes about my dinner or availability but that too leaves me feeling guilty.
I don't preach "Honesty" and I keep my virtue (good/bad) to myself nor do I intend to advertise myself :). I am just trying to share my thoughts with you fellow readers and would love to hear your point of view either by a comment here or over coffee (on me:)).
That is why I have this blog name as "deepintolife".. as I like to question myself all time.
With You Always,