Testing

Friday, August 13, 2010

Every time an Engineer Joins Google, A Startup Dies

Few days past, I happen to stumble upon a business article dealing with Entrepreneurship. The writer analyze the situation of poor VC fund returns and blame it to the depleting bright minds in startup business and loosing them to established fat paying corporates. I support the view of the author and would like to hear what is your say? The link to article is mentioned below.


In the plethora of feedback comments till now, I loved Becky's Comment mentioned below to ease your time of finding it out in original writeup.

I agree. Young people want security. We have wrung risk taking out of our children's lives beginning in the crib. My cousin convinced her son to take the job with benefits and security (or so she thought) instead of the one that seemed more interesting. While a middle aged person would be more interested in health insurance, etc. it seems absolutely silly that a young person would determine to stunt their growth by succumbing to the idea they have to have complex health plans. Starting a venture and being creative requires risk taking. The free market always encouraged innovation and small companies are more flexible and adaptable to new economies. It has been said that integrity requires 3 things: discernment (knowledge of a subject), taking a position, taking a risk acting on that postition. I have also noticed that creativity requires 3 things that are closely related: learning or gaining basic knowledge, deciding to do something, and taking a risk. For the creative individual, whether in the arts, literature or technology, etc., the possiblilty of public failure and humiliation is scary. 

Being at mid-twenties and the urge to let go my regular job to start something of own is hard to repress but doubts cloud the mind with lot of ifs and buts. I hope some day I will burst through these doubts and take my plunge to mysteries.

Wish me Luck and Happy Reading.

Yours,
AC 

No comments: