Sunday, April 7, 2013

The day I just had fun and no work.

When I went to sleep last night, I had just one plan for today and that is to go to Boston Symphony Tour and get back to studies after coming back. But instead what I ended up doing is here:-

  1. Boston Symphony Hall - 10 am - 4 PM
  2. Staples Projector and Grocery Shopping - 4:00 PM - 5:30 PM
  3. Helping Curran's Band setup and attending their performance - 6 PM - 7:30 PM
  4. Sleep 8 - 9 PM
  5. Prepare Dinner : 9:30 - 10:30 PM
  6. Watch a movie on a projector in my room : 11:30 - 12 : 45 AM
  7. Now, I guess I will go to sleep.

I don't regret not studying or not doing anything of work kind today. I think I really needed this break of not doing anything and just having a relaxed day. The trip to Boston Symphony Hall was wonderful. This was my first visit to any place like this. It was a good learning about intricacies of a symphony hall and about musicians there. Since there was a transport service, I didn't had to worry about anything. On my way back, I had discussion with Nita on various topics ranging for career/internships to relationships. Every time I discuss this topic with a new person, it gives me a new perspective of looking at it in a new way and I appreciate her sharing her views openly.

Curran and myself then went to Staples to buy a projector for his band performance which was today at 6 PM. The plan was to buy a new one, use it and then return it tomorrow :). Yes, we can do it in this Country. As a student, we cannot afford to have a project costing $500. Then we went for grocery shopping. It was our usual trip but we focused more on getting lentils and healthy food. I finally got cotton swab for myself, something I have been pinning for a long time. The total bill came around $85.

Once we got back, Curran  went to Egg Roll Cafe to setup his band but soon he called me to find out if I had a white bed sheet to be used for projection. Luckily went I went to home last December, I got my Mangalore dhoti with me. I have this idea of wearing it to my class one day (LOL) and note the expression of the other people. I took my dhoti and tact and helped them fix it on the wall of the cafe. Later the band started playing with projection of Curran's India trip video clips. It's always great to hear his band play and I like hanging out with these guys. I also spent some time with Curran's mom and her friend and some other friends  of mine who came for the show. Later I decided to leave early as I was feeling tired.

Went to bed but woke up after and hour and half because it was my turn to do the cooking and I wanted to make sure that I do cook. Since the grocerry was still in the car, I had to manage with what I had in the cabinet. There was red beans, chick peas and lime beans. I decided to go with them and also boiled some brown rice. Funny that I forgot to add bell pepper and tomato puree and hence decided to add it after it was already half cooked. Anyways, it turned out well and Curran and myself had dinner together.

Since, I knew the day was pretty much gone, I did not bother to stress myself but flow with it. For a long time I had this curiosity of watching a movie on a project in a home setting.  Today was a perfect opportunity and I decided to grab it by neck and got it all setup. I played the popular "The PhD Movie". It was good time and experience to see how I had some similar interactions like the ones in movies. It's a fine movie and does a decent job of showcasing the life of a graduate student.

So overall, it was a fun and relaxed day for me. I think I will be fine. Its good to break the cycle and relax sometimes. But I do look forward to an exciting day tomorrow where I got to accomplish twice as many things as it was initially planned. 

Good Luck and good night.

No comments: