Testing

Friday, April 1, 2011

Entreprenurship is an Art Not a Job

Going through my tweets, I stumbled upon this article link (Click Here) by Steve Blank. It talks about how Entreprenurs are Writers and may not be Actors.

Though I dont have any first hand experience of starting a company but I did spend somedays in building a business model and planning. I can think of new ideas, ever ready to puruse new challenges and dont care what will be tomorrow. But at the sametime I have realized that I am sloppy with execution and it left me with low opnion about myself but as Steve's says, you can be an Writers but not actors, so I take my shortcoming with pinch of possibility.

One of the initial comment that caught my attention and I felt is coming from a Horses Mouth (James Harradence) is

Steve:
I agree wholeheartedly with your thought that entrepreneurship is an art. However, it can also be a discipline.
Many great artists are neither crazy nor chaotic nor addicted to the unknown. They accept the potential of failure and realize that creating newness (a sculpture or a new category of product) will require great effort and great patience.
They are also aware of the micro and macro processes at work. Not a highly detailed, granular process, but a big blocks of quantum progress process. They understand and believe, more than most people that:
1) Failure = a chance to learn (10x the learnings from success)
2) The failure & learning must stop for success to occur.
Great artists and entrepreneurs share the ability to see what should be and, either immediately or over time, being right.
Early on, they make practical mistakes and then they gain the tools to consistently make their vision reality (‘Hi, my name is Steve Jobs.’).
The chaotic ones are just immature: either as people or in their craft.
The crazy ones (and I have worked with more than one) leave more potential on the table (as a group) than they capture: avoid them is my advice.
James

Take Care & Enjoy!

No comments: